Project Support Officer
Job type: Part-time
We are looking for a Project Support Officer to join us on a part time basis to start with.
If you are looking to learn how to think, instead of what to think, join ByoTechBub in the dynamic field of disruptive technologies. Join us as we bring three most valuable sectors together – technology, business, and consulting.
ByoTechBub is a new type of consultancy. We are a disruptive technology start-up, founded by a team of industry veterans who are looking to disrupt the market and usher in the 4IR.
We are looking for thinkers and communicators, who can master the technology methodologies and concepts, and how they fit into the context of a business. Whether you are a techie or business student, if you can actively demonstrate a passion to learn our ways, we will share with you perspectives, practices and knowledge years ahead of your career.
Fast forward to responsibility and opportunity, striking years off your typical graduate scheme and adding years of exposure, experience and responsibility with outcomes you can own as your own.
We are looking for versatile backgrounds, willing to contribute to the wealth of knowledge circulated amongst the team, who have worked at a high level of consultancy for many years. We don’t add technology we add value through technology.
We offer true mutual investment.
We will invest in you in action, not just words, without delay you will very quickly become a sought-after employee to our company. We are passionate that you are given the platform to grow and succeed.
In action, we offer:
- Opportunities for professional industry qualifications
- A wealth of methodologies and practices whilst adding creative value.
- Transparent and challenging culture in which you will grow with no cap or conditions.
- Direct exposure to high end practitioners and technical minds through uninhibited networking.
While there will be an element of turning your hand at whatever the journey of a start-up requires, a specific role we are looking for skills in is the Practice Support/Project Admin position. This role is focused on managing project, customer engagement and internal Practice operations to deliver process and change. The opportunity for this role is to expand either into a consultancy role dependent upon aspirations and demand.
You will be required to assist in the execution of engagements, coordination, administration to analysis and support of consulting resources on engagements. You will be required to acquire key qualifications and share resultant expertise as needed for engagements. While some time will be made available for training, a degree of self-guided learning is assumed to be extra-curricular (e.g., in your own time).
You will engage in:
- Provides administrative support for the program (e.g. schedules meetings and workshops, etc)
- Sharing a passion for technology and new areas of development that you encounter daily with the team, so that everyone is up-to-date with cutting edge tech
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant industry news and capitalising upon opportunities that exist within the marketplace
- Minuting and taking actions for meetings e.g delivery reviews.
- Supporting the delivery process to ensure it is followed by those working with clients.
- Assist in the delivery of projects and engagement.
- Support the co-ordination of resources to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget .
- Engaging in project work with senior leaders in our business to help implement technical, process or organisational changes for our client’s technology departments.
- Assist in the management of the project and/or programme office.
- Capture actions, issues, risks and decisions and maintain a RAID log
- Update project plans, manage logistics of meetings and workshops and maintain project documentation.
- Assist in running workshops, capturing output and cataloguing issues, risks and actions.
- Assist with customer engagement.
- Organise testing, including system validation and user acceptance testing.
- Drive and embody company values and culture.
Person specification for this Role:
- A strong desire to drive change via effective project management and customer engagement.
- Ability to capture information, maintain detailed logs, and assist in the coordination of actions.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of technology of business process.
- An aptitude for problem solving and interpersonal communication.
- Can communicate both verbally and in written form clearly and informatively and listen.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts in a structured way for detailed analysis.
- Understanding of the ‘end to end’ view of how business processes are supported by tools and applications.
- Practical experience of document creation.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office application suite software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong presentation skills
All in all, we are looking for self-starters, with ideas they are determined to bring to life. You will have:
- Demonstrated interest in the merge between technology and business, willing to learn technologies and understand the ecosystem behind it, including people, processes and tools.
- The ability to develop technical and business acumen.
- Any degree, as long as you can prove you have demonstrated critical thinking, interpersonal skills and the ability to pick up technical concepts.
- Practical coordination and time management skills and creative expertise demonstrated through personal development in and outside of education.
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team.
- Humility, and an attitude that is willing to learn like the rest of us.